PROVO — Crews responded Friday to a 150-acre fire on the west side of Utah Lake.
Jason Curry of the Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands said the fire started at 2:45 p.m. near mile marker 21 on Redwood Road. A portion of the road was closed for approximately 4 hours Friday.
Witnesses heard gunfire and an explosion and saw a group of individuals leaving the area where the fire started. Curry said the official cause of the fire is still under investigation, but authorities are interviewing witnesses and gunfire is one of the possible causes they are looking into.
Strong winds contributed to the growth of the fire, but Curry said no structures were threatened.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9