PROVO — Crews responded Friday to a 150-acre fire on the west side of Utah Lake.
Jason Curry of the Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands said the fire started at 2:45 p.m. near mile marker 21 on Redwood Road. A portion of the road was closed for approximately 4 hours Friday.
Witnesses heard gunfire and an explosion and saw a group of individuals leaving the area where the fire started. Curry said the official cause of the fire is still under investigation, but authorities are interviewing witnesses and gunfire is one of the possible causes they are looking into.
Strong winds contributed to the growth of the fire, but Curry said no structures were threatened.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Work on Canyon Road in Spanish Fork underway
- Woman battling cancer has two bicycles stolen
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 43
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 23