PROVO — Crews responded Friday to a 150-acre fire on the west side of Utah Lake.
Jason Curry of the Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands said the fire started at 2:45 p.m. near mile marker 21 on Redwood Road. A portion of the road was closed for approximately 4 hours Friday.
Witnesses heard gunfire and an explosion and saw a group of individuals leaving the area where the fire started. Curry said the official cause of the fire is still under investigation, but authorities are interviewing witnesses and gunfire is one of the possible causes they are looking into.
Strong winds contributed to the growth of the fire, but Curry said no structures were threatened.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10