PROVO — A lifeguard saved a 6-year-old girl from drowning Friday at Seven Peaks Water Park.
The lifeguard found the child under water, retrieved her from the water and performed CPR just before noon. When Provo paramedics arrived at the scene, the child had begun to breathe on her own and was conscious.
Paramedics transported the girl to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.
Provo fire officials said that only a moment or two separates a positive outcome from tragedy. The department warned that, as summer continues, everyone needs to be aware of their surroundings.
- Davis High teacher faces rape charges
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- Ogden couple not giving up hope on finding...
- Timeline: 3 years after Provo Tabernacle...
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for...
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a trailer
- Utah-based 'Kid History' collaborates with...
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher watches...
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for... 78
- Minimum wage debate rages on 23
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher... 17
- State GOP Central Committee chooses... 16
- Economy strong but face of Utah... 14
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 12
- UVU plans campus shooting simulation... 11
- Study finds 50 percent of police... 10