"ALL ME, ALL THE TIME: The Authorized Art-o-Biography," by Karla Oceanak and Kendra Spanjer, Baliwick Press, $7.95, 80 pages (ages 6 and up)
There are a wide variety of activity books on the market for children: puzzles, craft books, do-it-yourself projects, games and interactional science and math activities. Adding to the Aldo Zelnick comic novel series, Karla Oceanak and Kendra Spanjer designed 78 pages for a fill-in-the-blank biography that includes spaces for sketching, cut-outs, recording and designing a person’s own identity.
What sets “All Me, All the Time” apart from other all-about-me type books is the wide range of suggestions beyond “me and my family,” which makes up the usual biography. “Here’s all the stuff that’s under or behind my bed” is one example that will cause some exploring and giggles as well as all the “what ifs” (“when I’m president” or “if I could get out of doing one thing for the rest of my life, I’d pick ”).
Recording traveling experiences will be fun, as will the art pages of mixing colors and trying art techniques. A bucket list (“things to do while I’m still a kid”) and a letter to a “future me” will take some thinking and planning.
“All Me, All the Time” could be the solution for bored summer days or activities for family travel.
If you go ...
What: Creative workshop with Karla Oceanak and Kendra Spanjer for children 6 to 12
When: Saturday, June 30, 2 p.m.
Where: The King's English, 1511 S. 1500 East, Salt Lake City
Note: Workshop is free and art supplies are provided. Each child will need their own copy of "All Me, All the Time."
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Redford, Nolte, Offerman highlight Sundance...
- First Look: Jack Black is brave,...
- National touring production of 'Disney's...
- Doug's Take: 'American Sniper' captures the...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- 25 Martin Luther King Jr. memorials in the...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with... 3
- Book review: Young widow's memoir... 2
- 'Building audiences': Sundance Film... 1
- A.A. Milne: Winnie the Pooh —... 1
- Star-Lord vs. Captain America:... 1
- Doug's Take: 'American Sniper' captures... 1
- Oscar snubs? Hey, Academy Awards are... 1
- Robert Redford: Sundance Film Festival... 1