MILLCREEK — The seventh annual Millcreek Township Venture Outdoor Festival will take place Saturday. The free, family-friendly Festival begins at 3 p.m. at Canyon Rim Park, 2900 E. 3100 South, and goes until 10 p.m.
The event will include games, demonstrations, live entertainment, food and more. Pre-festival activities take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in various locations like the Millcreek Canyon hike, Playworks (to learn fun outdoor games), Volksmarch and a basic volleyball clinic.
Visit www.millcreekoutdoors.org for more information about activities happening throughout the day.
The Millcreek Bike Safety Rodeo will be held at Big Cottonwood Park at 9 a.m. at 4300 S. 1300 East. Families can enjoy a free continental breakfast, DJ Derwin Wilson with Laughing Gravy and a 10-station bike safety course. There will also be drawings for helmets, bike locks, water bottles and certificates to Famous Dave’s.
Other activities offered include: nine-hole mini golf challenge, backpacking/camping, rock climbing wall, climbing/mountaineering, cycling, environmental protection, fishing, gardening, archery, health/fitness/wellness, giant obstacle course, running/walking, Utah tourism.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 30
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12