MILLCREEK — The seventh annual Millcreek Township Venture Outdoor Festival will take place Saturday. The free, family-friendly Festival begins at 3 p.m. at Canyon Rim Park, 2900 E. 3100 South, and goes until 10 p.m.
The event will include games, demonstrations, live entertainment, food and more. Pre-festival activities take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in various locations like the Millcreek Canyon hike, Playworks (to learn fun outdoor games), Volksmarch and a basic volleyball clinic.
Visit www.millcreekoutdoors.org for more information about activities happening throughout the day.
The Millcreek Bike Safety Rodeo will be held at Big Cottonwood Park at 9 a.m. at 4300 S. 1300 East. Families can enjoy a free continental breakfast, DJ Derwin Wilson with Laughing Gravy and a 10-station bike safety course. There will also be drawings for helmets, bike locks, water bottles and certificates to Famous Dave’s.
Other activities offered include: nine-hole mini golf challenge, backpacking/camping, rock climbing wall, climbing/mountaineering, cycling, environmental protection, fishing, gardening, archery, health/fitness/wellness, giant obstacle course, running/walking, Utah tourism.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 61
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 16
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16