MILLCREEK — The seventh annual Millcreek Township Venture Outdoor Festival will take place Saturday. The free, family-friendly Festival begins at 3 p.m. at Canyon Rim Park, 2900 E. 3100 South, and goes until 10 p.m.
The event will include games, demonstrations, live entertainment, food and more. Pre-festival activities take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in various locations like the Millcreek Canyon hike, Playworks (to learn fun outdoor games), Volksmarch and a basic volleyball clinic.
Visit www.millcreekoutdoors.org for more information about activities happening throughout the day.
The Millcreek Bike Safety Rodeo will be held at Big Cottonwood Park at 9 a.m. at 4300 S. 1300 East. Families can enjoy a free continental breakfast, DJ Derwin Wilson with Laughing Gravy and a 10-station bike safety course. There will also be drawings for helmets, bike locks, water bottles and certificates to Famous Dave’s.
Other activities offered include: nine-hole mini golf challenge, backpacking/camping, rock climbing wall, climbing/mountaineering, cycling, environmental protection, fishing, gardening, archery, health/fitness/wellness, giant obstacle course, running/walking, Utah tourism.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 25
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22