MILLCREEK — The seventh annual Millcreek Township Venture Outdoor Festival will take place Saturday. The free, family-friendly Festival begins at 3 p.m. at Canyon Rim Park, 2900 E. 3100 South, and goes until 10 p.m.
The event will include games, demonstrations, live entertainment, food and more. Pre-festival activities take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in various locations like the Millcreek Canyon hike, Playworks (to learn fun outdoor games), Volksmarch and a basic volleyball clinic.
Visit www.millcreekoutdoors.org for more information about activities happening throughout the day.
The Millcreek Bike Safety Rodeo will be held at Big Cottonwood Park at 9 a.m. at 4300 S. 1300 East. Families can enjoy a free continental breakfast, DJ Derwin Wilson with Laughing Gravy and a 10-station bike safety course. There will also be drawings for helmets, bike locks, water bottles and certificates to Famous Dave’s.
Other activities offered include: nine-hole mini golf challenge, backpacking/camping, rock climbing wall, climbing/mountaineering, cycling, environmental protection, fishing, gardening, archery, health/fitness/wellness, giant obstacle course, running/walking, Utah tourism.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 21
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19