SALT LAKE CITY — Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon, will keynote the Utah Technology Council’s 2012 Hall of Fame Celebration, which honors the accomplishments of the Utah technology industry.
Bezos founded Amazon.com in 1994. He graduated summa cum laude in electrical engineering and computer science from Princeton University in 1986, and was named Time magazine’s Person of the Year in 1999.
The gala, held at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City, begins on Nov. 30 at 6 p.m. with a networking reception followed by a dinner and program at 7 p.m.
The annual Hall of Fame event honors individuals with Utah ties who have made global contributions to the information technology, life science and clean tech industries through new technology, innovation and leadership.
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 10
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3