NRCC to spend nearly $1 million on TV ads targeting Matheson
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The National Republican Congressional Committee intends to spend nearly $1 million to boost Mia Love's effort to oust six-term Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson.
Utah's 4th Congressional District is among 27 districts nationwide in which NRCC's independent expenditure arm intends to spend $18.2 million for television ads after Labor Day. The media buy includes $948,000 for ads targeting Matheson.
The purchase, reserved this week, marks the NRCC’s first foray into the fall advertisement air war. The congressional campaign committees have reserved more than $100 million in television time for an air war that is shaping up as among the earliest and most competitive in recent history, according to Roll Call.
Also, Utah Politics reported that Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., the House Budget Committee chairman, will hold a fundraiser for Love on June 22 at the Glenwild Golf Club in Park City. Attendees may donate $2,500 for a reception with Ryan or $1,000 to hear him speak.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 27