NRCC to spend nearly $1 million on TV ads targeting Matheson
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The National Republican Congressional Committee intends to spend nearly $1 million to boost Mia Love's effort to oust six-term Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson.
Utah's 4th Congressional District is among 27 districts nationwide in which NRCC's independent expenditure arm intends to spend $18.2 million for television ads after Labor Day. The media buy includes $948,000 for ads targeting Matheson.
The purchase, reserved this week, marks the NRCC’s first foray into the fall advertisement air war. The congressional campaign committees have reserved more than $100 million in television time for an air war that is shaping up as among the earliest and most competitive in recent history, according to Roll Call.
Also, Utah Politics reported that Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., the House Budget Committee chairman, will hold a fundraiser for Love on June 22 at the Glenwild Golf Club in Park City. Attendees may donate $2,500 for a reception with Ryan or $1,000 to hear him speak.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13