Many women are dissatisfied with how the corporate world is not giving them a chance. Now there is an emergence of women leaving the workplace and working at home to become a small business entrepreneurs, according to Forbes.
By 2018, 9.72 million new small businesses are expected to be created, and it's predicted that women will account for half of those businesses, according Forbes. For the past 20 years, women have been taking the lead of starting more micro (less than five employees) and small businesses.
"With more women starting businesses and succeeding there's an opportunity to reshape the working landscape," said the article.
Women are working on innovative ways to keep their businesses alive despite what the recession did to small business owners. Women entrepreneurs increased their social media usage by 52 percent to help increase marking costs, according to Forbes.
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- Remote corner of Navajo Nation to get...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 6
- Twitter tries to block images of James... 4
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- A tough label to chew on: What does... 3