Many women are dissatisfied with how the corporate world is not giving them a chance. Now there is an emergence of women leaving the workplace and working at home to become a small business entrepreneurs, according to Forbes.
By 2018, 9.72 million new small businesses are expected to be created, and it's predicted that women will account for half of those businesses, according Forbes. For the past 20 years, women have been taking the lead of starting more micro (less than five employees) and small businesses.
"With more women starting businesses and succeeding there's an opportunity to reshape the working landscape," said the article.
Women are working on innovative ways to keep their businesses alive despite what the recession did to small business owners. Women entrepreneurs increased their social media usage by 52 percent to help increase marking costs, according to Forbes.
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- University of Utah launches community solar...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 15
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 14
- Why small businesses want a higher... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats... 6