PROVO, Utah – The BYU track and field program has announced it will host the 2012 Provo Vault-o-Rama at Clarence Robison Track on Wednesday at 6 p.m. MT.
Weirich, who owns a personal-best height of 5.50 meters (18-0.5), is looking to clear the Olympic A Standard of 5.72 meters. In 2011 he finished seventh at the USA Track and Field Outdoor Championships and fourth at the NCAA Outdoor Championships. Weirich is scheduled to compete at the USA Track and Field Olympic Trials later this month. To qualify for the Olympic Team, athletes must have achieved the Olympic A Standard and finish in the top three at the Trials.
Weirich is also looking to make history on Wednesday as the Robison Track record is 5.70 meters (18-8.25) set by Tye Harvey of New Balance on June 25, 2004. By achieving the Olympic standard, Weirich would also break the track record.
Chris Little owns a personal best of 5.42 meters (17-9.5) and is looking to achieve the Olympic Trials B standard of 5.50 meters (18-0.5). Little finished third at 2011 NCAA Outdoor Championships to earn All-America honors and sixth at 2010 USA Track and Field Outdoor Championships.
Bob Low owns a personal best of 5.45 meters (17-10-0.5) and is also looking to achieve the Olympic Trials B standard. Low earned All-America honors at the 2009 NCAA Outdoor Championships to earn All-America honors.
Admission to Wednesday's event is free. Visit BYUtrack.com for more information.
Kyle Chilton is the director of media relations for BYU men's basketball. He can be reached at 801-422-4909, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @kylechilton.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25