PROVO, Utah – The BYU track and field program has announced it will host the 2012 Provo Vault-o-Rama at Clarence Robison Track on Wednesday at 6 p.m. MT.
Weirich, who owns a personal-best height of 5.50 meters (18-0.5), is looking to clear the Olympic A Standard of 5.72 meters. In 2011 he finished seventh at the USA Track and Field Outdoor Championships and fourth at the NCAA Outdoor Championships. Weirich is scheduled to compete at the USA Track and Field Olympic Trials later this month. To qualify for the Olympic Team, athletes must have achieved the Olympic A Standard and finish in the top three at the Trials.
Weirich is also looking to make history on Wednesday as the Robison Track record is 5.70 meters (18-8.25) set by Tye Harvey of New Balance on June 25, 2004. By achieving the Olympic standard, Weirich would also break the track record.
Chris Little owns a personal best of 5.42 meters (17-9.5) and is looking to achieve the Olympic Trials B standard of 5.50 meters (18-0.5). Little finished third at 2011 NCAA Outdoor Championships to earn All-America honors and sixth at 2010 USA Track and Field Outdoor Championships.
Bob Low owns a personal best of 5.45 meters (17-10-0.5) and is also looking to achieve the Olympic Trials B standard. Low earned All-America honors at the 2009 NCAA Outdoor Championships to earn All-America honors.
Admission to Wednesday's event is free. Visit BYUtrack.com for more information.
Kyle Chilton is the director of media relations for BYU men's basketball. He can be reached at 801-422-4909, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @kylechilton.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20