Today in the Bloggernacle: Advice for teaching gospel topics and Kirby Heyborne's favorite cookies
Gospel teaching: This “Latter-day Voice” provides some great advice about things he avoids when teaching the gospel during LDS Church meetings. For instance: “1. Lectures — I will not lecture a class. Or at least, almost never will I mean to lecture a class. To me, a gospel class is all about the discussion, because I think participants learn by participating.” Click to see more including why he avoids gospel hobbies and too many outside sources.
Best cookies: What do you get when Mormon actor Kirby Heyborne blogs about something to “Do try at home?" A mouthwatering recipe for what Heyborne calls the “Best cookie ever.” Try it today and enjoy.
Quotable printables: You can get not one but two fun printables today. First a beautiful depiction of “Weeping May Endure For the Night — Quote” from Elder Robert D. Hales, of the Quorum of the Twelve. And secondly, a fun and functional “Testimony Bookmark” with 10 things President Cecil B. Samuelson, of the Seventy and president of Brigham Young University, said one needs for keeping a testimony strong. Click in to find and print.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- 18 must-see attractions on and around Temple...
- 'Amazed by Grace' by Sheri Dew explores...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 148
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 61
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 11