Today in the Bloggernacle: Advice for teaching gospel topics and Kirby Heyborne's favorite cookies
Gospel teaching: This “Latter-day Voice” provides some great advice about things he avoids when teaching the gospel during LDS Church meetings. For instance: “1. Lectures — I will not lecture a class. Or at least, almost never will I mean to lecture a class. To me, a gospel class is all about the discussion, because I think participants learn by participating.” Click to see more including why he avoids gospel hobbies and too many outside sources.
Best cookies: What do you get when Mormon actor Kirby Heyborne blogs about something to “Do try at home?" A mouthwatering recipe for what Heyborne calls the “Best cookie ever.” Try it today and enjoy.
Quotable printables: You can get not one but two fun printables today. First a beautiful depiction of “Weeping May Endure For the Night — Quote” from Elder Robert D. Hales, of the Quorum of the Twelve. And secondly, a fun and functional “Testimony Bookmark” with 10 things President Cecil B. Samuelson, of the Seventy and president of Brigham Young University, said one needs for keeping a testimony strong. Click in to find and print.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- Religious groups react to Boy... 74
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 26
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 16
- ... 11