Glenn Beck, hailed as a 'Prophet of Love,' signs new $100 million radio contract
Sarah A. Miller, Deseret News archives
On Tuesday morning BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins published "Glenn Beck's New Brand: Prophet of Love," an article which details Beck's plans to unify his values-based audience with a three-day festival called Restoring Love that will take place in Dallas on July 26-28.
"The venue set to introduce the world to this kinder, gentler Beck is a three-day event in Dallas that the conservative media mogul has billed, 'Restoring Love.' It will include a 'global tea party summit,' a conference of conservative religious leaders, and a concert-rally at Cowboys Stadium featuring inspirational music from a growing roster of artists Beck is building," Coppins reported. "The goal, he said, is to seize control of pop culture from the left by producing patriotic, uplifting art — and use that new megaphone to promote a message of enlightenment and love. The event sold out its 40,000 available tickets in less than two days."
Beck made headlines Monday with the announcement that he had signed a new five-year, $100 million contract with Premiere Networks Inc. to continue distributing his daily radio show.
"Now carried by more than 400 stations, (Beck's) show typically ranks No. 3 among all news-talk radio shows, behind Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity," the New York Times' Media Decoder blog reported."So the contract extension brings a measure of stability to local stations that carry it."
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1