Glenn Beck, hailed as a 'Prophet of Love,' signs new $100 million radio contract
Sarah A. Miller, Deseret News archives
On Tuesday morning BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins published "Glenn Beck's New Brand: Prophet of Love," an article which details Beck's plans to unify his values-based audience with a three-day festival called Restoring Love that will take place in Dallas on July 26-28.
"The venue set to introduce the world to this kinder, gentler Beck is a three-day event in Dallas that the conservative media mogul has billed, 'Restoring Love.' It will include a 'global tea party summit,' a conference of conservative religious leaders, and a concert-rally at Cowboys Stadium featuring inspirational music from a growing roster of artists Beck is building," Coppins reported. "The goal, he said, is to seize control of pop culture from the left by producing patriotic, uplifting art — and use that new megaphone to promote a message of enlightenment and love. The event sold out its 40,000 available tickets in less than two days."
Beck made headlines Monday with the announcement that he had signed a new five-year, $100 million contract with Premiere Networks Inc. to continue distributing his daily radio show.
"Now carried by more than 400 stations, (Beck's) show typically ranks No. 3 among all news-talk radio shows, behind Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity," the New York Times' Media Decoder blog reported."So the contract extension brings a measure of stability to local stations that carry it."
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- A community of theater: Utah theater...
- Local theaters bringing stars,magic and...
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- What's new: 'Walk Beside Me' adds vibrancy to...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Cookbooks see growth, but slow to move... 1
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with... 1
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's... 1