VERNAL — Police are crediting the actions of a homeowner with the quick arrest of a man accused of kidnapping a woman and raping her.
The homeowner heard yelling outside his home near 50 West and 600 North in Vernal about 2 a.m. and looked outside. He witnessed a man smack a woman, then grab her by the throat and drag her into a field, police said.
The homeowner called 911. Responding officers found the man and woman still in the field. The man attempted to flee, but a Taser was deployed and the man was arrested, according to Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Investigators said the woman had been raped.
Jesse Anthony Saenz, 22, was booked into the Uintah County Jail for investigation of rape, aggravated kidnapping, object rape, failure to stop at the command of police and criminal mischief.
Saenz did not know the woman he is accused of attacking, police said.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11