VERNAL — Police are crediting the actions of a homeowner with the quick arrest of a man accused of kidnapping a woman and raping her.
The homeowner heard yelling outside his home near 50 West and 600 North in Vernal about 2 a.m. and looked outside. He witnessed a man smack a woman, then grab her by the throat and drag her into a field, police said.
The homeowner called 911. Responding officers found the man and woman still in the field. The man attempted to flee, but a Taser was deployed and the man was arrested, according to Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Investigators said the woman had been raped.
Jesse Anthony Saenz, 22, was booked into the Uintah County Jail for investigation of rape, aggravated kidnapping, object rape, failure to stop at the command of police and criminal mischief.
Saenz did not know the woman he is accused of attacking, police said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14