VERNAL — Police are crediting the actions of a homeowner with the quick arrest of a man accused of kidnapping a woman and raping her.
The homeowner heard yelling outside his home near 50 West and 600 North in Vernal about 2 a.m. and looked outside. He witnessed a man smack a woman, then grab her by the throat and drag her into a field, police said.
The homeowner called 911. Responding officers found the man and woman still in the field. The man attempted to flee, but a Taser was deployed and the man was arrested, according to Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Investigators said the woman had been raped.
Jesse Anthony Saenz, 22, was booked into the Uintah County Jail for investigation of rape, aggravated kidnapping, object rape, failure to stop at the command of police and criminal mischief.
Saenz did not know the woman he is accused of attacking, police said.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 31
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 18
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12