HEBER CITY — Police have released the identity of the 12-year-old Saratoga Springs boy killed in an ATV accident Friday.
Hunter Craig Hall, was riding together with a friend on a four-wheeler in the Clyde Creek area of Strawberry Basin, southeast of Heber City, about 10 a.m. when they apparently lost control of the machine, Wasatch County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jared Rigby said.
Rigby said the boys were on a gravel road that was fairly developed, considering the mountainous area. It is believed they were navigating a curve in the road when the crash occurred.
Both boys were wearing helmets. The passenger sustained relatively minor injuries and was able to run for help. He was later taken to Heber Valley Medical Center.
According the boy's obituary, Hunter died "while enjoying something that he loved."
"Hunter was always full of joy and happiness," the obituary states. "With his positive outlook on life, he was an example to his family and friends, especially his little brother, Cole."
Funeral services are scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Lehi Dry Creek Chapel, 828 S. Center. Viewings will be held from 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesday at the Larkin Sunset Gardens Mortuary, 1950 E. 10600 South, Sandy, and 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m. church prior to funeral services.
Friends and family may share stories and condolences at www.larkincares.com.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 37
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 25
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22