HEBER CITY — Police have released the identity of the 12-year-old Saratoga Springs boy killed in an ATV accident Friday.
Hunter Craig Hall, was riding together with a friend on a four-wheeler in the Clyde Creek area of Strawberry Basin, southeast of Heber City, about 10 a.m. when they apparently lost control of the machine, Wasatch County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jared Rigby said.
Rigby said the boys were on a gravel road that was fairly developed, considering the mountainous area. It is believed they were navigating a curve in the road when the crash occurred.
Both boys were wearing helmets. The passenger sustained relatively minor injuries and was able to run for help. He was later taken to Heber Valley Medical Center.
According the boy's obituary, Hunter died "while enjoying something that he loved."
"Hunter was always full of joy and happiness," the obituary states. "With his positive outlook on life, he was an example to his family and friends, especially his little brother, Cole."
Funeral services are scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Lehi Dry Creek Chapel, 828 S. Center. Viewings will be held from 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesday at the Larkin Sunset Gardens Mortuary, 1950 E. 10600 South, Sandy, and 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m. church prior to funeral services.
Friends and family may share stories and condolences at www.larkincares.com.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12