Relief pitcher Mason Marshall of BYU has been named to the 2012 Louisville Slugger Freshmen All-American team, selected by Collegiate Baseball newspaper.
Marshall, 5-foot-8, from South Jordan was 2-1 with a 2.29 earned run average and nine saves in 39.1 innings, striking out 32. His nine saves tied for second-best in a BYU season with Ryan Hancock (1992) and behind Jordan Muir’s 11 (2009).
Marshall was earlier named to the All-West Coast Conference Freshman Team and joins four others from WCC schools named to the Louisville Slugger Team.
Marshall has also received a call to serve in the Philippines Cauayan Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34