Relief pitcher Mason Marshall of BYU has been named to the 2012 Louisville Slugger Freshmen All-American team, selected by Collegiate Baseball newspaper.
Marshall, 5-foot-8, from South Jordan was 2-1 with a 2.29 earned run average and nine saves in 39.1 innings, striking out 32. His nine saves tied for second-best in a BYU season with Ryan Hancock (1992) and behind Jordan Muir’s 11 (2009).
Marshall was earlier named to the All-West Coast Conference Freshman Team and joins four others from WCC schools named to the Louisville Slugger Team.
Marshall has also received a call to serve in the Philippines Cauayan Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 47
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45