Deluxe Corporation bought the marketing firm OrangeSoda, Inc. for $27.7 million in cash, according to a statement by Deluxe on Tuesday.
The acquisition is projected to generate about $15 million in incremental revenue, according to the statement.
"Deluxe will accelerate revenue growth in marketing solutions and other services by combining our organic capabilities with OrangeSoda's innovative solutions, scalable provisioning platform and tools, and established market presence," Malcolm McRoberts, senior vice president small business services at Deluxe, said in the statement. "OrangeSoda has built compelling services offers and channels targeted at key small business marketing pain points. As a result of this acquisition, Deluxe adds differentiated solutions and capability that help support growth for our small business customers."
OrangeSoda is a leading Internet marketing services company that specializes in mobile, search and social media campaign strategies for small businesses, according to the statement. It employs about 175 people and is headquartered in American Fork, Utah.
Approximately four million small business customers use Deluxe's programs in checks customer acquisition, fraud prevention, profitability and regulatory compliance, according to the statement. Deluxe also provides logo design, search engine marketing, customized checks, and website development and hosting.
"Deluxe is a great fit for OrangeSoda because both companies are focused on helping small businesses grow their online presence," Jay Bean, chief executive and founder of OrangeSoda, said in the statement.
- Where to find the savings at warehouse clubs...
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version 2.0,...
- Employer health insurance will soon be taxed,...
- Dave Ramsey says: Charging off a debt doesn't...
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church for...
- Your guide to tipping just the right amount
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to advance...
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- Employer health insurance will soon be... 13
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version... 10
- Where to find the savings at warehouse... 8
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church... 4
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to... 2
- Chick-fil-A opening NYC outpost in... 1
- Top economies move toward crackdown on... 1