UHP cites man accused of failing to secure mattress that caused fatality
BRIGHAM CITY — A Fruit Heights man has been cited for failing to secure his mattress, leading to the death of a motorcyclist.
Gerald Holgreen, 53, was cited for failure to secure a load after it was determined that he owned the mattress that fell on to I-15 in Box Elder County and caused a fatal accident, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Royce Munns, 46, of Brigham City, was killed in the crash. Munns was traveling south on I-15 around 10:45 p.m. Monday when he hit a mattress in the road and crashed. The man was not wearing a helmet, the UHP reported.
A medical helicopter responded to the scene, but Munns was pronounced dead before he could be transported.
Holgreen apparently heard of the crash in the media and contacted the UHP. After interviewing Holgreen, the UHP determined he was the owner of the mattress involved in the crash.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15