UHP cites man accused of failing to secure mattress that caused fatality
BRIGHAM CITY — A Fruit Heights man has been cited for failing to secure his mattress, leading to the death of a motorcyclist.
Gerald Holgreen, 53, was cited for failure to secure a load after it was determined that he owned the mattress that fell on to I-15 in Box Elder County and caused a fatal accident, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Royce Munns, 46, of Brigham City, was killed in the crash. Munns was traveling south on I-15 around 10:45 p.m. Monday when he hit a mattress in the road and crashed. The man was not wearing a helmet, the UHP reported.
A medical helicopter responded to the scene, but Munns was pronounced dead before he could be transported.
Holgreen apparently heard of the crash in the media and contacted the UHP. After interviewing Holgreen, the UHP determined he was the owner of the mattress involved in the crash.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14