Many baby boomers continue to shine in the limelight of well-paying, secure jobs as their kids look for employment, according to The Daily Beast.
Because the older generation is already settled in their jobs, they are guaranteed higher salaries and pensions, according to the article. This forces adults ages 25 to 34 to accept lower salaries for jobs in supermarkets, factories and government.
A Brookings study shows the government has been favoring the elderly for a generation, spending up to 2.4 times more than on children, according to The Daily Beast.
The lack of money has increased the number of adults living with their parents to one in five, double what it was 30 years ago. Those preparing to enter the workforce have to look for different ways to opportunities, according to the article.
- What's in a name? At Grand Canyon, history,...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in the...
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of the...
- No-tip restaurant offers food for thought on...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Rocky Mountain Power offers energy-saving...
- Concerns over release of personal data from...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Obama's proposed mandatory paid... 13
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Obama pitches his economic plan to... 6