Many baby boomers continue to shine in the limelight of well-paying, secure jobs as their kids look for employment, according to The Daily Beast.
Because the older generation is already settled in their jobs, they are guaranteed higher salaries and pensions, according to the article. This forces adults ages 25 to 34 to accept lower salaries for jobs in supermarkets, factories and government.
A Brookings study shows the government has been favoring the elderly for a generation, spending up to 2.4 times more than on children, according to The Daily Beast.
The lack of money has increased the number of adults living with their parents to one in five, double what it was 30 years ago. Those preparing to enter the workforce have to look for different ways to opportunities, according to the article.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- Want a better return on your college...
- Utah high school students receive engineering...
- Got weeds? Hire a goat
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 18
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 6
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that... 2
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1