Many baby boomers continue to shine in the limelight of well-paying, secure jobs as their kids look for employment, according to The Daily Beast.
Because the older generation is already settled in their jobs, they are guaranteed higher salaries and pensions, according to the article. This forces adults ages 25 to 34 to accept lower salaries for jobs in supermarkets, factories and government.
A Brookings study shows the government has been favoring the elderly for a generation, spending up to 2.4 times more than on children, according to The Daily Beast.
The lack of money has increased the number of adults living with their parents to one in five, double what it was 30 years ago. Those preparing to enter the workforce have to look for different ways to opportunities, according to the article.
- Deseret News National Edition seeing rapid...
- Convention hotel bill passes Utah Legislature
- Obama shows his funny side while promoting...
- 'A treasured tradition:' KSL Radiothon...
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan if...
- Feds contemplate oil, gas drilling at Ouray...
- How expensive is your ego?
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Official: Obama to push for more... 7
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan... 4
- White House promotes economic issues... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4