Many baby boomers continue to shine in the limelight of well-paying, secure jobs as their kids look for employment, according to The Daily Beast.
Because the older generation is already settled in their jobs, they are guaranteed higher salaries and pensions, according to the article. This forces adults ages 25 to 34 to accept lower salaries for jobs in supermarkets, factories and government.
A Brookings study shows the government has been favoring the elderly for a generation, spending up to 2.4 times more than on children, according to The Daily Beast.
The lack of money has increased the number of adults living with their parents to one in five, double what it was 30 years ago. Those preparing to enter the workforce have to look for different ways to opportunities, according to the article.
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in Moab...
- 12 kinds of late-night office emails
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 6
- Twitter tries to block images of James... 4
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Facebook makes the most obvious move... 2