Many baby boomers continue to shine in the limelight of well-paying, secure jobs as their kids look for employment, according to The Daily Beast.
Because the older generation is already settled in their jobs, they are guaranteed higher salaries and pensions, according to the article. This forces adults ages 25 to 34 to accept lower salaries for jobs in supermarkets, factories and government.
A Brookings study shows the government has been favoring the elderly for a generation, spending up to 2.4 times more than on children, according to The Daily Beast.
The lack of money has increased the number of adults living with their parents to one in five, double what it was 30 years ago. Those preparing to enter the workforce have to look for different ways to opportunities, according to the article.
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Review: 4 shopping apps that will save you money
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- UDOT tow plow drivers train for winter
- These two things are helping California's...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 6
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1
- Photos: Deseret Book winter display... 1