CAMP WILLIAMS, Salt Lake County — Units with the Camp Williams-based 640th Regiment Regional Training Institute conducted changes of command Saturday.
Col. Holly A. Ottesen, of Orem, relinquished command of Second Battalion, 640th RTI, to Lt. Col. Coy K. Bryant, of Draper, in a ceremony at the Salt Lake Airport Hilton atrium.
Col. Clark R. Roberts, of Roy, relinquished command of Fourth Battalion, 640th RTI, to Lt. Col. Robert M. Parsons, of Spanish Fork.
Following the first two ceremonies, Col. Edward B. Gundersen, of West Jordan, commander of the 640th RTI, relinquished command to Ottesen.
The 640th Regional Training Institute is responsible for the training of Army active-duty and reserve-component soldiers in military occupational specialties and professional development, educating more than 5,000 students per year.
Gundersen is retiring from the Utah National Guard after 33 years. He served as commander of the Utah Guard’s 142nd Military Intelligence Battalion during its deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003-2004.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14