, Utah Department of Public Safety
SULPHURDALE, Beaver County — A man was in critical condition Sunday after a semitrailer rollover on I-15 in Beaver County.
Officials believe the driver of the semitrailer fell asleep at the wheel while driving south on I-15 at approximately 3:30 p.m. The driver awoke as the vehicle drifted off the roadway and over-corrected, rolling the semitrailer onto its side and blocking both southbound lanes of traffic.
The driver was traveling with another man who was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was flown to a hospital in critical condition, officials said.
Traffic was rerouted around the accident for approximately three and a half hours.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8