, Utah Department of Public Safety
SULPHURDALE, Beaver County — A man was in critical condition Sunday after a semitrailer rollover on I-15 in Beaver County.
Officials believe the driver of the semitrailer fell asleep at the wheel while driving south on I-15 at approximately 3:30 p.m. The driver awoke as the vehicle drifted off the roadway and over-corrected, rolling the semitrailer onto its side and blocking both southbound lanes of traffic.
The driver was traveling with another man who was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was flown to a hospital in critical condition, officials said.
Traffic was rerouted around the accident for approximately three and a half hours.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12