, Utah Department of Public Safety
SULPHURDALE, Beaver County — A man was in critical condition Sunday after a semitrailer rollover on I-15 in Beaver County.
Officials believe the driver of the semitrailer fell asleep at the wheel while driving south on I-15 at approximately 3:30 p.m. The driver awoke as the vehicle drifted off the roadway and over-corrected, rolling the semitrailer onto its side and blocking both southbound lanes of traffic.
The driver was traveling with another man who was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was flown to a hospital in critical condition, officials said.
Traffic was rerouted around the accident for approximately three and a half hours.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9