Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
WEST JORDAN — People have the chance to be part of show at the upcoming The Western Stampede West Jordan Independence Day Festival.
The July festival includes a variety of family friendly events, including a PRCA rodeo, demolition derby, carnival and fireworks.
This year, people can take part in the show. Thursday, July 5, is Audience Participation night at the rodeo. People, including children, can sign up to be part of several events including: Mutton Bustin’, Stick Horse Barrel Racing, Hide Races, and MX vs. ATX Barrel Racing.
Details and registration forms are available online at WesternStampede.com. Completed forms need to be taken to the Arena Box Office on 8035 S. 2200 West on June 14 between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
There are several other events with audience participation that don’t require registration such as a coin dig, where someone from the audience gets a chance to dig in dirt to find great prizes and money; money calf, where someone has a chance to chase a calf decorated with money; and a throw for charity, where people can buy balls or Frisbees and take their best throw at a target.
Proceeds will be split between the winner(s) and the charity.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9