PROVO – The Municipal Council is holding a June 19 public hearing on a proposal to restructure business license fees.
Currently, business license fees are based on the number of employees. The proposed change, stemming from an in-depth study by a consultant hired by the city, would base fees instead on business activity.
The restructure of fees would mean some business license fees would go up, while others would go down.
The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Council Chambers on 351 W. Center St. Those who cannot attend are encouraged to call 801-852-6120 or write the Council at P.O. Box 1849, Provo, Utah, 84603, by June 19.
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups on...
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- Dick Harmon: Utah analytics company breaks...
- New app helps consumers purchase products...
- Two new hotels announced for downtown Salt...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 26
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 8
- New app helps consumers purchase... 8
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 5
- IRS probe ignored most influential... 5
- Ty Kiisel: Small-town businesses across... 4
- BLM proposes to open lands near Vernal... 4