SALT LAKE CITY — Local businesswoman and widow of the late Larry H. Miller is engaged to a lawyer who got his start milking cows in Preston, Idaho.
"By some accounts, he is Napoleon Dynamite," an online profile of him states.
Karen Gail Miller, 68, recently became engaged to Kim R. Wilson, a 65-year-old shareholder at the Snow, Christensen & Martineau law firm and founder and chairman of the board of the Mormon Historic Sites Foundation, which seeks to preserve the heritage of locations related to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
"Our families have known each other for more than 15 years," Miller said in a prepared statement. "We share our neighborhood, church and many friends. I am very excited to embark on this next chapter in my life with someone that I know well, love and trust."
Miller, who was named TIME magazine's 2012 Dealer of the Year, continues to be actively involved in various operations of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, which includes automobile dealers, sports and entertainment, restaurants, insurance and advertising businesses, as well as numerous charities. In all, the companies support more than 7,000 employees in 16 western states.
Larry H. Miller died in early 2009 from complications of diabetes.
"On behalf of my brothers and sister, I am very proud of my mother for being an inspiration to all of us," Greg Miller, the oldest of five Miller children and current CEO of the family business, said in a statement. "It is wonderful to see her take the opportunity to enjoy this happiness in life, after losing my father to his prolonged battle with diabetes."
Both widowed, Miller and Wilson will have a combined family of nine children, 30 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. They each plan to continue with family, business, church, community and philanthropic service.
The couple plans to marry sometime this summer.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 25