SALT LAKE CITY — Local businesswoman and widow of the late Larry H. Miller is engaged to a lawyer who got his start milking cows in Preston, Idaho.
"By some accounts, he is Napoleon Dynamite," an online profile of him states.
Karen Gail Miller, 68, recently became engaged to Kim R. Wilson, a 65-year-old shareholder at the Snow, Christensen & Martineau law firm and founder and chairman of the board of the Mormon Historic Sites Foundation, which seeks to preserve the heritage of locations related to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
"Our families have known each other for more than 15 years," Miller said in a prepared statement. "We share our neighborhood, church and many friends. I am very excited to embark on this next chapter in my life with someone that I know well, love and trust."
Miller, who was named TIME magazine's 2012 Dealer of the Year, continues to be actively involved in various operations of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, which includes automobile dealers, sports and entertainment, restaurants, insurance and advertising businesses, as well as numerous charities. In all, the companies support more than 7,000 employees in 16 western states.
Larry H. Miller died in early 2009 from complications of diabetes.
"On behalf of my brothers and sister, I am very proud of my mother for being an inspiration to all of us," Greg Miller, the oldest of five Miller children and current CEO of the family business, said in a statement. "It is wonderful to see her take the opportunity to enjoy this happiness in life, after losing my father to his prolonged battle with diabetes."
Both widowed, Miller and Wilson will have a combined family of nine children, 30 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. They each plan to continue with family, business, church, community and philanthropic service.
The couple plans to marry sometime this summer.
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Car hydroplanes, pushes stranded vehicle on...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 54
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 52
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 38
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 17
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12