SALT LAKE CITY — Local businesswoman and widow of the late Larry H. Miller is engaged to a lawyer who got his start milking cows in Preston, Idaho.
"By some accounts, he is Napoleon Dynamite," an online profile of him states.
Karen Gail Miller, 68, recently became engaged to Kim R. Wilson, a 65-year-old shareholder at the Snow, Christensen & Martineau law firm and founder and chairman of the board of the Mormon Historic Sites Foundation, which seeks to preserve the heritage of locations related to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
"Our families have known each other for more than 15 years," Miller said in a prepared statement. "We share our neighborhood, church and many friends. I am very excited to embark on this next chapter in my life with someone that I know well, love and trust."
Miller, who was named TIME magazine's 2012 Dealer of the Year, continues to be actively involved in various operations of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, which includes automobile dealers, sports and entertainment, restaurants, insurance and advertising businesses, as well as numerous charities. In all, the companies support more than 7,000 employees in 16 western states.
Larry H. Miller died in early 2009 from complications of diabetes.
"On behalf of my brothers and sister, I am very proud of my mother for being an inspiration to all of us," Greg Miller, the oldest of five Miller children and current CEO of the family business, said in a statement. "It is wonderful to see her take the opportunity to enjoy this happiness in life, after losing my father to his prolonged battle with diabetes."
Both widowed, Miller and Wilson will have a combined family of nine children, 30 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. They each plan to continue with family, business, church, community and philanthropic service.
The couple plans to marry sometime this summer.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Officials: Two women in Utah with Zika are...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8