Audi USA, via Flickr
HOBBS, N.M. — Just outside of Hobbs will be the most innovative city in the United States, according to Fast Company.
Created by Pegasus Global Holdings, the city — called the Center of Innovation, Testing and Evaluation — will be exactly like a typical American city for about 35,000 people. The innovative part? It will not have any permanent residents. This 15-square mile city will have a downtown, residential neighborhood and retail district, according to the article.
CITE will focus on high-tech companies such as those that provide autonomous cars and new wireless networks. It will solve problems other cities have because it will provide urban conditions for testing products, without any people.
"The real long-term payoff is going to be the tech transfer that will take place from CITE," said Jon Barela, New Mexico's Economic Development Cabinet Secretary, to Fast Company. "We hope those companies that test and evaluate products will be eventually manufacturing those products in New Mexico."
Barela said he expects CITE will help improve New Mexico’s image as a place for innovation.
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Internet billionaires face off in renewed...
- How much money should you be saving from each...
- Podcasters can breathe easier thanks to...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Utah construction companies fined,... 8
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- First lady: Tech industry to train,... 1
- Greece under fire from creditors as... 1
- Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on... 1