Audi USA, via Flickr
HOBBS, N.M. — Just outside of Hobbs will be the most innovative city in the United States, according to Fast Company.
Created by Pegasus Global Holdings, the city — called the Center of Innovation, Testing and Evaluation — will be exactly like a typical American city for about 35,000 people. The innovative part? It will not have any permanent residents. This 15-square mile city will have a downtown, residential neighborhood and retail district, according to the article.
CITE will focus on high-tech companies such as those that provide autonomous cars and new wireless networks. It will solve problems other cities have because it will provide urban conditions for testing products, without any people.
"The real long-term payoff is going to be the tech transfer that will take place from CITE," said Jon Barela, New Mexico's Economic Development Cabinet Secretary, to Fast Company. "We hope those companies that test and evaluate products will be eventually manufacturing those products in New Mexico."
Barela said he expects CITE will help improve New Mexico’s image as a place for innovation.
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for hiring...
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Olive Garden investor: Back off on the...
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Retail sales are up since last month
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park City,...
- How employers can improve the nation's health
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- 4 financial follies of the millennial... 12
- UTOPIA mayors working to finalize... 6
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2