Audi USA, via Flickr
HOBBS, N.M. — Just outside of Hobbs will be the most innovative city in the United States, according to Fast Company.
Created by Pegasus Global Holdings, the city — called the Center of Innovation, Testing and Evaluation — will be exactly like a typical American city for about 35,000 people. The innovative part? It will not have any permanent residents. This 15-square mile city will have a downtown, residential neighborhood and retail district, according to the article.
CITE will focus on high-tech companies such as those that provide autonomous cars and new wireless networks. It will solve problems other cities have because it will provide urban conditions for testing products, without any people.
"The real long-term payoff is going to be the tech transfer that will take place from CITE," said Jon Barela, New Mexico's Economic Development Cabinet Secretary, to Fast Company. "We hope those companies that test and evaluate products will be eventually manufacturing those products in New Mexico."
Barela said he expects CITE will help improve New Mexico’s image as a place for innovation.
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- UTA extending service to BYU-USU football game
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- MountainStar to acquire Cache Valley Hospital
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize advances
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3