The Union Station Foundation will host the Ninth Annual Ogden Arts Festival from June 8-9 on Historic 25th Street and Union Station.
The event will feature both regional and local artists, live musical performances, art activities and fine art exhibits. The kick-off is June 8 at 3 p.m. and will feature a silent auction, Plein Air competition and artist showcases.
"The feature event is the Plein Air competition," Suzy Dailey, the festival's director, said. "(It's) always an interesting and exciting part of any arts festival."
A "Taste of Downtown" will offer samples and culinary creations from Ogden's finest restaurants. Tickets are $10 per person.
On June 9 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., musicians, exhibitors, painters, sculptors and other artists will display their talents at Union Station and along Historic 25th Street. There will be two stages featuring live musical performances.
Children can participate in art activities from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and youth participants will read their poetry while artists paint their words at "Poetic Portraits" from 2-3 p.m.
Registration for the Quick Draw competition will begin on June 9 at 9 a.m., during which time the public will be able to observe artists painting within the festival and immediate downtown area.
Another feature of the festival is the Foursite Film Festival, with movies being shown at the Browning Theater, Wildcat Theater, Art House Cinema and Treehouse Children's Museium and Peery's Egyptian Theater. Movies are scheduled June 9 through 16.
"There's a lot going on," Dailey said. "The festival's got a wide range of interest. There are activities for children, and also an art truck is coming from the Museum of Contemporary Art."
Visit www.ogdenartsfestival.com for additional information about this event.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 62
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 28
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14
- Utah senators seeking support for... 14