The Union Station Foundation will host the Ninth Annual Ogden Arts Festival from June 8-9 on Historic 25th Street and Union Station.
The event will feature both regional and local artists, live musical performances, art activities and fine art exhibits. The kick-off is June 8 at 3 p.m. and will feature a silent auction, Plein Air competition and artist showcases.
"The feature event is the Plein Air competition," Suzy Dailey, the festival's director, said. "(It's) always an interesting and exciting part of any arts festival."
A "Taste of Downtown" will offer samples and culinary creations from Ogden's finest restaurants. Tickets are $10 per person.
On June 9 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., musicians, exhibitors, painters, sculptors and other artists will display their talents at Union Station and along Historic 25th Street. There will be two stages featuring live musical performances.
Children can participate in art activities from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and youth participants will read their poetry while artists paint their words at "Poetic Portraits" from 2-3 p.m.
Registration for the Quick Draw competition will begin on June 9 at 9 a.m., during which time the public will be able to observe artists painting within the festival and immediate downtown area.
Another feature of the festival is the Foursite Film Festival, with movies being shown at the Browning Theater, Wildcat Theater, Art House Cinema and Treehouse Children's Museium and Peery's Egyptian Theater. Movies are scheduled June 9 through 16.
"There's a lot going on," Dailey said. "The festival's got a wide range of interest. There are activities for children, and also an art truck is coming from the Museum of Contemporary Art."
Visit www.ogdenartsfestival.com for additional information about this event.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Vernal oilfield company seeks help finding...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 63
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 50
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 34
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15