SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker and the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City have announced three finalists to perform architectural and engineering design services for the new Utah Performing Arts Center.
The three firms, all based in Salt Lake City, are: Architectural Nexus, in conjunction with H3 Hardy Collaboration Architecture; GSBS Architects, in conjunction with Pfeiffer Partners Architects; HKS Architects, in conjunction with Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects.
“Years of analysis, evaluation, gathering public input and careful consideration have led to this important selection process,” Becker said. “As we enter this new phase, residents of Salt Lake City can be assured they’ll be getting a world-class facility from these extraordinary local finalists and their partner firms.”
The RDA’s selection committee, which consisted of community representatives and city officials, received responses to their request for qualifications from 14 firms.
“The Utah Performing Arts Center will be the region’s premier entertainment venue, and a key component to Salt Lake City’s vibrant, downtown nightlife,” said D.J. Baxter, executive director of the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City. “The three teams selected by the committee bring extraordinary talent and design capability and they all have experience designing the class of venue we expect.”
Proposals from the firms are due on June 19. The final firm selected will contract with Garfield Traub Swisher Development, the RDA’s developer for the UPAC project.
The Utah Performing Arts Center is a proposed 2,500-seat, state-of-the-art theater located on Salt Lake City’s Main Street, between 100 and 200 South.
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance primed...
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version 2.0,...
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church for...
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- Dave Ramsey says: Charging off a debt doesn't...
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to advance...
- Your guide to tipping just the right amount
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 18
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version... 10
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings 8
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church... 4
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to... 2
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus... 2
- Top economies move toward crackdown on... 1