SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker and the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City have announced three finalists to perform architectural and engineering design services for the new Utah Performing Arts Center.
The three firms, all based in Salt Lake City, are: Architectural Nexus, in conjunction with H3 Hardy Collaboration Architecture; GSBS Architects, in conjunction with Pfeiffer Partners Architects; HKS Architects, in conjunction with Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects.
“Years of analysis, evaluation, gathering public input and careful consideration have led to this important selection process,” Becker said. “As we enter this new phase, residents of Salt Lake City can be assured they’ll be getting a world-class facility from these extraordinary local finalists and their partner firms.”
The RDA’s selection committee, which consisted of community representatives and city officials, received responses to their request for qualifications from 14 firms.
“The Utah Performing Arts Center will be the region’s premier entertainment venue, and a key component to Salt Lake City’s vibrant, downtown nightlife,” said D.J. Baxter, executive director of the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City. “The three teams selected by the committee bring extraordinary talent and design capability and they all have experience designing the class of venue we expect.”
Proposals from the firms are due on June 19. The final firm selected will contract with Garfield Traub Swisher Development, the RDA’s developer for the UPAC project.
The Utah Performing Arts Center is a proposed 2,500-seat, state-of-the-art theater located on Salt Lake City’s Main Street, between 100 and 200 South.
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Index indicates Utah economy thriving
- Michelle Singletary: Making personal finance...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make changes to save money
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Business community supports tax... 21
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in... 2
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 2