SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker and the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City have announced three finalists to perform architectural and engineering design services for the new Utah Performing Arts Center.
The three firms, all based in Salt Lake City, are: Architectural Nexus, in conjunction with H3 Hardy Collaboration Architecture; GSBS Architects, in conjunction with Pfeiffer Partners Architects; HKS Architects, in conjunction with Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects.
“Years of analysis, evaluation, gathering public input and careful consideration have led to this important selection process,” Becker said. “As we enter this new phase, residents of Salt Lake City can be assured they’ll be getting a world-class facility from these extraordinary local finalists and their partner firms.”
The RDA’s selection committee, which consisted of community representatives and city officials, received responses to their request for qualifications from 14 firms.
“The Utah Performing Arts Center will be the region’s premier entertainment venue, and a key component to Salt Lake City’s vibrant, downtown nightlife,” said D.J. Baxter, executive director of the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City. “The three teams selected by the committee bring extraordinary talent and design capability and they all have experience designing the class of venue we expect.”
Proposals from the firms are due on June 19. The final firm selected will contract with Garfield Traub Swisher Development, the RDA’s developer for the UPAC project.
The Utah Performing Arts Center is a proposed 2,500-seat, state-of-the-art theater located on Salt Lake City’s Main Street, between 100 and 200 South.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 7
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3