SALT LAKE CITY — Westminster College will graduate its largest class with more than 900 students on Saturday at the Maverik Center. Retiring college president Michael Bassis, will present the diplomas at his final ceremony.
Approximately 562 undergraduates and 385 graduate students will participate in this year’s commencement.
In his 10 years at the college, Bassis has seen the graduating class grow from 586 to 947.
“Commencements are wonderful opportunities for reflecting on the past and imagining the future,” Bassis said. “That’s what I’ll be doing as I join our largest graduating class at my last commencement as Westminster’s president.”
Among the graduates will be the first group from a dual-degree partnership with Nankai University in China. Nine students will receive degrees in economics from Westminster and Nankai University during commencement.
This year’s student speaker is Kimberly Cheney, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in business marketing and a minor in Sociology.
The commencement speaker is businessman and philanthropist Bruce Bastian, the co-founder of WordPerfect and head of the B.W. Bastian Foundation. He will receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree at the commencement ceremony.
Noreen Roullard, Westminster Board of Trustees member, will also receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree at the commencement ceremony.
For more information on Westminster’s commencement events, visit www.westminstercollege.edu/commencement/.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows 'deep...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 20
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9