SALT LAKE CITY — Westminster College will graduate its largest class with more than 900 students on Saturday at the Maverik Center. Retiring college president Michael Bassis, will present the diplomas at his final ceremony.
Approximately 562 undergraduates and 385 graduate students will participate in this year’s commencement.
In his 10 years at the college, Bassis has seen the graduating class grow from 586 to 947.
“Commencements are wonderful opportunities for reflecting on the past and imagining the future,” Bassis said. “That’s what I’ll be doing as I join our largest graduating class at my last commencement as Westminster’s president.”
Among the graduates will be the first group from a dual-degree partnership with Nankai University in China. Nine students will receive degrees in economics from Westminster and Nankai University during commencement.
This year’s student speaker is Kimberly Cheney, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in business marketing and a minor in Sociology.
The commencement speaker is businessman and philanthropist Bruce Bastian, the co-founder of WordPerfect and head of the B.W. Bastian Foundation. He will receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree at the commencement ceremony.
Noreen Roullard, Westminster Board of Trustees member, will also receive an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree at the commencement ceremony.
For more information on Westminster’s commencement events, visit www.westminstercollege.edu/commencement/.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15