Cottonwood High School football coach Josh Lyman resigns
When the student's claims were made public, Horsley commented on the devastating impacts that allegations of that nature have on a school community and on the family of an alleged victim. On Wednesday, he said the allegations against Lyman were serious enough to disrupt the community but emphasized that his comments should not be taken as an indication of guilt.
"I never indicated one way or another to Josh Lyman's innocence or guilt," Horsley said. "We just look forward to getting the Cottonwood football program up and running."
Horsley also said he couldn't speak to what effect the allegations against Lyman and the incomplete investigation would have on Lyman's employment prospects with other districts.
"He's resigned with us and I'm not going to comment," Horsley said.
Lear said state investigators have yet to make any recommendations to the committee that oversees licensing decisions and that investigation is expected to conclude during the summer.
Lyman, a former wide receiver at the University of Utah, was promoted from assistant to head coach prior to the 2010 season. He graduated from Skyline High School in 1998 and was part of three state title teams. He played football at Dixie State College before playing for Utah.
He took the reins at Cottonwood High school after the 2010 death of newly named head coach Terry "Teko" Johnson, who passed away in New Jersey just weeks before the team's first practice. In 2010, Lyman led the team to the 5A state quarterfinals and finished the season with a 10-1 season record. Last season, the Colts went 5-5.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15