USU football: two summer football camps to be held by coaching staff
Under the direction of head coach Gary Andersen, Utah State's football coaching staff will be conducting two summer camps, including a youth camp that will now run in the afternoon and a high school camp.
There will be a Youth Camp on Monday, June 11, for kindergarten through eighth grade. This camp is an opportunity for the young player to learn the basics of football from the USU football staff. The $35 cost includes camp instruction, lunch, camp T-shirt and photo with coach Andersen. Registration will be from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on Monday, June 11 in the Jim & Carol LaubAthletics-Academics Complex at the north end of Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium with camp running from 1:30-7 p.m.
The Aggie coaches will also conduct a summer high school camp Wednesday-Friday, June 13-15 for incoming 9th-12th graders. The cost is $250 for overnight campers and $210 for commuter campers. A team rate of $225 per camper is available for teams with over 40 players. Campers will have an opportunity to develop their skills and understanding throughout the camp through various means of teaching. There will be individual instruction, team instruction, as well as the popular Goal Line Challenge, Lineman Competitions and 7-on-7 Scrimmages. Anyone who signs up for the High School Camp has the option of staying on campus or commuting. A $50 deposit is due by May 23.
For more information contact Zach Nyborg at (801) 879-5122 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can find registration forms online at: http://www.utahstateaggies.com/camps/ust-camps.html
Utah State football season ticket renewals and new sales for the 2012 season areavailable. Renewals are available online 24 hours a day at www.UtahStateAggies.comand clicking on the "buy/renew tickets" under the "tickets" drop down menu. Fans interested in new sales should contact the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or by phone bycalling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305.
Fans can follow the Aggie football program at twitter.com/USUFootball or on the USU football blog at usufootball.wordpress.com. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 123
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 68
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 62
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 29