SALT LAKE CITY — The Eagle Gate Tower has been renamed World Trade Center at City Creek.
The building is located at 60 E. South Temple in downtown Salt Lake City.
“The renaming of Eagle Gate Tower to World Trade Center at City Creek increases our visibility in the global marketplace, enabling us to better serve Utah’s businesses who are seeking to grow their international presence,” said Lew Cramer, World Trade Center Utah’s president and CEO.
The name change is part of a mission to strengthen a public-private partnership.
Team Utah, which is composed of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, World Trade Center Utah, the Utah Science Technology and Research Initiative, and the Office of Energy Development, was formed at the new building to serve as a partnership to push for economic development in Utah.
“Our co-location with USTAR, WTC Utah and OED is an opportunity that demonstrates Gov. (Gary) Herbert and the state Legislature’s commitment to a forward-looking economic development plan,” Spencer Eccles, executive director of GOED, said in a prepared statement. “Thanks to that commitment, and some truly inspired collaboration, the private-public partnership of ‘Team Utah’ in the newly renamed World Trade Center at City Creek will continue to support the private sector that is the engine powering Utah’s globally renowned and business friendly environment.”
Renaming the tower "builds upon the established achievements of City Creek’s revitalization efforts in the heart of downtown," said Mark Gibbons, president of City Creek Reserve Inc. "This new marquee name and the ‘Team Utah’ tenants in this building add global business identity and expertise to our urban community.”
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah...
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- Obama declares health care law is... 19
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3