Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Four of the most famous rockers of the 1950s got together for a jam session only once, but they made a reprise of that appearance together at The Gateway's Olympic Legacy Plaza on Tuesday. Actors portraying Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins treated shoppers and passers-by to a musical journey through time.
The cast of "Million Dollar Quartet," which opens at the Capitol Theatre Tuesday night and runs through Sunday, was live at the Gateway just like the legendary rockers did on Dec.4, 1956, according to a press release.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9