Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Four of the most famous rockers of the 1950s got together for a jam session only once, but they made a reprise of that appearance together at The Gateway's Olympic Legacy Plaza on Tuesday. Actors portraying Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins treated shoppers and passers-by to a musical journey through time.
The cast of "Million Dollar Quartet," which opens at the Capitol Theatre Tuesday night and runs through Sunday, was live at the Gateway just like the legendary rockers did on Dec.4, 1956, according to a press release.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29