Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Four of the most famous rockers of the 1950s got together for a jam session only once, but they made a reprise of that appearance together at The Gateway's Olympic Legacy Plaza on Tuesday. Actors portraying Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins treated shoppers and passers-by to a musical journey through time.
The cast of "Million Dollar Quartet," which opens at the Capitol Theatre Tuesday night and runs through Sunday, was live at the Gateway just like the legendary rockers did on Dec.4, 1956, according to a press release.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14