"LIFE ROCKS! How Firm is Your Foundation?" John Bytheway, Deseret Book, $9.99, 120 pages (nf)
Where have you built your life?
That is the question author John Bytheway asks readers to consider in his new pocket-size book, "Life Rocks!"
The message of the book is intended for teenagers but could apply to adults as well. To help readers understand his concept, Bytheway organized his book into five chapters, or "Life Rocks," designed to answer these questions:
- My Identity: Who is God, and who am I?
- My Savior: Whose am I?
- My Standards: What do I believe?
- My Purpose: Why am I here, and where am I going?
- My Neighbor: Who needs my help?
Included in the pages are insightful general authority quotes, scripture verses, illustrations and codes with links to bonus talks and videos. Bytheway hopes his young readers come away from this book having learned how to build their lives on a firm foundation.
"We may never meet in this life, but if we do, I hope you'll shake my hand, look me in the eye and say, 'Life Rocks!'"
"Life Rocks!" is available wherever LDS books are sold.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 81
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 72
- Space and religion: How believers view... 24
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 15
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year 8