"LIFE ROCKS! How Firm is Your Foundation?" John Bytheway, Deseret Book, $9.99, 120 pages (nf)
Where have you built your life?
That is the question author John Bytheway asks readers to consider in his new pocket-size book, "Life Rocks!"
The message of the book is intended for teenagers but could apply to adults as well. To help readers understand his concept, Bytheway organized his book into five chapters, or "Life Rocks," designed to answer these questions:
- My Identity: Who is God, and who am I?
- My Savior: Whose am I?
- My Standards: What do I believe?
- My Purpose: Why am I here, and where am I going?
- My Neighbor: Who needs my help?
Included in the pages are insightful general authority quotes, scripture verses, illustrations and codes with links to bonus talks and videos. Bytheway hopes his young readers come away from this book having learned how to build their lives on a firm foundation.
"We may never meet in this life, but if we do, I hope you'll shake my hand, look me in the eye and say, 'Life Rocks!'"
"Life Rocks!" is available wherever LDS books are sold.
EMAIL: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 91
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 87
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 33
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 31
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22