"LIFE ROCKS! How Firm is Your Foundation?" John Bytheway, Deseret Book, $9.99, 120 pages (nf)
Where have you built your life?
That is the question author John Bytheway asks readers to consider in his new pocket-size book, "Life Rocks!"
The message of the book is intended for teenagers but could apply to adults as well. To help readers understand his concept, Bytheway organized his book into five chapters, or "Life Rocks," designed to answer these questions:
- My Identity: Who is God, and who am I?
- My Savior: Whose am I?
- My Standards: What do I believe?
- My Purpose: Why am I here, and where am I going?
- My Neighbor: Who needs my help?
Included in the pages are insightful general authority quotes, scripture verses, illustrations and codes with links to bonus talks and videos. Bytheway hopes his young readers come away from this book having learned how to build their lives on a firm foundation.
"We may never meet in this life, but if we do, I hope you'll shake my hand, look me in the eye and say, 'Life Rocks!'"
"Life Rocks!" is available wherever LDS books are sold.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Maddy's Mighty Minions: LDS 8-year-old with...
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy Scout...
- Do contraceptive rules make religious groups...
- Defending the Faith: Who were the first...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir members react to...
- 3 returned LDS missionaries represent Days of...
- School prayer lawsuit in Georgia... 41
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 26
- Evangelicals and Muslims together... 25
- The spiritual side effects of viewing... 25
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 9
- Sunrise service: Utahns should emulate... 5
- ... 5