As I watched the show, I considered the popular belief that there are unseen angels among us, quietly doing good and reflecting the love of heaven. I believe this, too. But after watching the radiance of those young women, I am convinced that not all angels are unseen. I saw 20 of them walking right through the crowd.
It was a glimpse of divinity, a scene of purity and a peek into heaven.
To the women who conceived and organized the event, I suggest that a hefty deposit has been made in their celestial accounts. To the parents, friends and public who supported the event and cheered for these young women like they were international superstars, I know that you have made a significant, perhaps eternal difference in their lives.
As a father of two of the young women who participated, I know that it was one of the most-important activities that my daughters have ever been a part of. They looked and felt extraordinary. Like the other models, they beamed and seemed to reflect the will of heaven.
I walked away from the event that day wishing every single young woman could have been there to experience beauty defined in a truly celestial way. I was overcome with the notion that every young woman of every shape, size, race and religion deserves to hear that they are beautiful.
Obviously, I cannot tell them all one-by-one. But I can commit to joining the choir. I can add my voice to those telling women of all ages they are beautiful daughters of God with a divine heritage.
Will you join the choir, too?
Virginia young women light up runway at unique fashion show
On May 5, 2012, young women from Woodstock, Va., hosted a fashion show highlighting how true beauty isn't found on magazine covers or New York catwalks. The true definitions of beauty are divine and eternal, not based on fads or trends. This video is a collection of photos from that special event and is set to the song "Gold" by Christian artist Britt Nicole.
Jason F. Wright is a New York Times best-selling author of eight books, including "Christmas Jars," "The Wednesday Letters" and "The Wedding Letters." He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.jasonfwright.com.
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- Taking a knee: Professional football and its...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 88
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 35
- LDS Church releases video about... 33
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 18
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 14
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- What one man's beard says about... 5