PROVO--Seven BYU baseball players have been selected for academic honors by the West Coast Conference.
Cougars Wes Guenther, Austin Hall, Adam Law, Bret Lopez, David Parry and Dillon Robinson were selected as Academic All-WCC, while Adam Miller was an honorable mention selection.
Catcher Guenther graduated last month with a 3.86 grade point average in exercise science. Fellow senior Hall, who played every position at BYU except catcher, has a 3.29 cumulative GPA in exercise science. Pitcher Parry, another senior, has a 3.79 GPA in BYU’s Master of Accountancy program.
Sophomore second baseman Law has a 3.33 GPA in an undeclared major. Fellow sophomore infielders Lopez and Robinson have a 3.30 GPA in exercise science and a 3.37 in pre-management core, respectively.
Sophomore pitcher Miller has a 3.28 GPA also in the pre-management core.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28