Regular BYU baseball season final series Thursday with Gonzaga
Senior day and the final series of the season are this week when BYU baseball entertains Gonzaga starting Thursday.
BYU (19-25 overall, 9-12 in the West Coast Conference) hosts Gonzaga (32-20, 12-9) in a three-game series Thursday and Friday at 6 p.m., and Saturday at 1 p.m.
“All we ask is that our players continue to come out and play well,” BYU coach Vance Law said.
The starting pitching rotation remains the same with Desmond Poulson (1-3, 3.91) and Marc Oslund (5-1, 4.53) going for the Cougars the first two days and TBA on Saturday.
Cougar right fielder Jaycob Brugman is cleared to play after injuring his big toe in an injury similar to turf toe Saturday against Santa Clara.
Gonzaga, currently tied for third in the league, is in contention for a post-season berth and brings the reigning WCC pitcher of the week, Tyler Olson, and a Dick Howser Player of the Year semi-finalist pitcher, Marco Gonzales.
Gonzaga leads the overall series, 12-13, with the two teams splitting a pair last year in Provo. However, in Provo, BYU leads the series 8-4, starting in 1971 when it won the final two of a three-game series to advance from the District Seven Championships to the College World Series.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for more than 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14