Farmington woman killed when her vehicle rolled down an embankment at a friend's home
BOUNTIFUL — A Farmington woman died when her vehicle went off a steep embankment Monday.
Misty Moore Affleck, 33, had been visiting a friend's home near the Eaglewood Golf Course, at about 4 p.m., and upon leaving, got too close to the edge of the driveway. Her SUV rolled down a tiered rock wall, about 30 feet, into a neighbor's yard, said Bountiful police Sgt. Gary Koehn.
"She's not from here and isn't used to the area," Koehn said. "Her vehicle got too close to the edge and went over."
It wasn't apparent whether Affleck was wearing a seat belt, but Koehn said Affleck had been at least partially ejected from the vehicle and the SUV came to rest on top of her, killing her. A passerby noticed the vehicle about 10 minutes after the accident and called 911.
A crane was called in to remove the vehicle from the back yard, a first for the department, Koehn said.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16