Specialty credit reports – the ‘other’ reports you don’t know about
- When shopping for homeowner or automobile insurance. Order a copy of your CLUE (comprehensive loss underwriting exchange) or A-Plus claims report. If you filed claims on existing policies, review the report for accuracy.
- If someone has fraudulently accessed your bank account. Order a copy of your Chexsystems report.
- When applying for employment. Find out the name of the screening company and order a copy of your report prior to authorizing release to a third-party.
- If you are an identity theft victim. Order all credit and specialty consumer reports. Place a fraud alert and dispute all information related to the identity theft.
- If you plan to rent a home. Order your tenant history report.
- When applying for private health, life, long-term care or disability insurance. Order your MIB report from the Medical Information Bureau.
Unlike the credit reporting agencies of Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, there is no “one-stop shop” for obtaining your specialty consumer reports. An individual request must be submitted to each agency.
To order a medical history report, contact Medical Information Bureau at 866-692-6901.
To order an employment background screening report, contact ChoicePoint at 866-312-8075.
Bill Lewis is the principal of William E. Lewis Jr. & Associates and host of the Credit Report with Bill Lewis — a daily forum for business and financial news, politics, economic trends and issues on AM 740 WSBR in south Florida.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4