Specialty credit reports – the ‘other’ reports you don’t know about
- When shopping for homeowner or automobile insurance. Order a copy of your CLUE (comprehensive loss underwriting exchange) or A-Plus claims report. If you filed claims on existing policies, review the report for accuracy.
- If someone has fraudulently accessed your bank account. Order a copy of your Chexsystems report.
- When applying for employment. Find out the name of the screening company and order a copy of your report prior to authorizing release to a third-party.
- If you are an identity theft victim. Order all credit and specialty consumer reports. Place a fraud alert and dispute all information related to the identity theft.
- If you plan to rent a home. Order your tenant history report.
- When applying for private health, life, long-term care or disability insurance. Order your MIB report from the Medical Information Bureau.
Unlike the credit reporting agencies of Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, there is no “one-stop shop” for obtaining your specialty consumer reports. An individual request must be submitted to each agency.
To order a medical history report, contact Medical Information Bureau at 866-692-6901.
To order an employment background screening report, contact ChoicePoint at 866-312-8075.
Bill Lewis is the principal of William E. Lewis Jr. & Associates and host of the Credit Report with Bill Lewis — a daily forum for business and financial news, politics, economic trends and issues on AM 740 WSBR in south Florida.
- Fewer breezes led to less wind power... 11
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson could... 8
- Democratic A.G. candidate says Reyes... 3
- FBI says it won't disclose how it... 2
- How much did people spend on cars the... 2
- US consumer confidence slips in April 1
- US home prices rise at solid pace, even... 1
- New vistas open up at small businesses... 0