Health care is getting more and more expensive, and as people age they have to visit the doctor's office more frequently.
Approximately 65 percent of Americans ages 45 to 64 regularly take prescription medications, according to CnnMoney. Employers have been making many changes to prescription drugs, leaving consumers with higher costs.
Almost 25 percent of companies are decreasing employee charges for medications, according to CnnMoney. Nearly 25 percent of big companies are eliminating coverage for brand-name drugs, and companies are offering no-pay plans for certain generic drugs. If the specified drugs aren't covered on your plan, ask your doctor if there is a safe alternative.
People get tested for a variety of things as they age. Only getting tested when there's reason to believe a more serious condition is looming will dramatically decrease a person's medical costs, according to the article.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Want a better return on your college...
- Got weeds? Hire a goat
- Animal rights group threatens Utah fur farms...
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 16
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 6
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1
- Secret to Prism program: It's just one... 1