MILLCREEK — Police are looking for two men and a woman who attacked an 87-year-old woman in her home as she was sleeping Sunday.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the woman was attacked around 1:20 a.m. by the trio who broke into the home at 3762 S. Red Maple Road.
The woman remained hospitalized late Sunday in critical condition with head injuries. Nothing was taken from the home and police did not have a motive for the crime, Hoyal said.
The woman lives with her 53-year-old son and a 31-year-old male roommate. Hoyal said the attack did not appear to be random because the attackers walked past the son sleeping on the coach and went directly to the woman's bedroom. The son awoke during the attack and went outside and called police.
Unified police believe the female accused of attacking the woman to be in her 40s, about 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing about 135 pounds and wearing a light colored shirt. One male had a gun in his hand, Hoyal said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7