KAYSVILLE — A Utah Department of Public Safety trooper was injured Sunday morning when a car veered into the median on I-15 and rear-ended his patrol car.
Trooper Dean Coy was stopped in the median on southbound I-15 near 200 North about 8 a.m. when a Mini Cooper struck his patrol car from behind.
"The driver of the Mini Cooper had fallen asleep, and that led to the vehicle veering to the median and hitting the patrol car," trooper Lawrence Hopper said.
Coy was transported to an area hospital with possible broken bones, as well as neck and back pain. The driver of the Mini Cooper was treated and released by paramedics at the scene of the accident.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 24
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12