KAYSVILLE — A Utah Department of Public Safety trooper was injured Sunday morning when a car veered into the median on I-15 and rear-ended his patrol car.
Trooper Dean Coy was stopped in the median on southbound I-15 near 200 North about 8 a.m. when a Mini Cooper struck his patrol car from behind.
"The driver of the Mini Cooper had fallen asleep, and that led to the vehicle veering to the median and hitting the patrol car," trooper Lawrence Hopper said.
Coy was transported to an area hospital with possible broken bones, as well as neck and back pain. The driver of the Mini Cooper was treated and released by paramedics at the scene of the accident.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16