KAYSVILLE — A Utah Department of Public Safety trooper was injured Sunday morning when a car veered into the median on I-15 and rear-ended his patrol car.
Trooper Dean Coy was stopped in the median on southbound I-15 near 200 North about 8 a.m. when a Mini Cooper struck his patrol car from behind.
"The driver of the Mini Cooper had fallen asleep, and that led to the vehicle veering to the median and hitting the patrol car," trooper Lawrence Hopper said.
Coy was transported to an area hospital with possible broken bones, as well as neck and back pain. The driver of the Mini Cooper was treated and released by paramedics at the scene of the accident.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9