KAYSVILLE — A Utah Department of Public Safety trooper was injured Sunday morning when a car veered into the median on I-15 and rear-ended his patrol car.
Trooper Dean Coy was stopped in the median on southbound I-15 near 200 North about 8 a.m. when a Mini Cooper struck his patrol car from behind.
"The driver of the Mini Cooper had fallen asleep, and that led to the vehicle veering to the median and hitting the patrol car," trooper Lawrence Hopper said.
Coy was transported to an area hospital with possible broken bones, as well as neck and back pain. The driver of the Mini Cooper was treated and released by paramedics at the scene of the accident.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12