SALT LAKE CITY — Three people were killed Friday and Saturday in fatal incidents across the state, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
A silver Toyota 4-Runner was traveling south on I-15 near milepost 131 in Beaver County on Friday at 10:15 p.m. went off the road to the right, and the driver, 39-year-old Nacole Brinkerhoff of Altamont, overcorrected back on to the road and into the left median where the vehicle rolled multiple times. UHP Trooper Lawrence Hopper said Brinkerhoff, who was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected, died at the scene. Alchohol is a suspected factor, officials said.
In Moab, a 1998 Jeep Cherokee was traveling north on state Route 191 near milepost 129 in a construction zone at 1:08 a.m. Saturday, when the vehicle, driven by a 50-year-old man from Colorado, drifted out of its lane and into the construction zone. It hit an unattended construction truck head on.
Hopper said speed and alcohol are not suspected in the crash, but the driver could have suffered a medical emergency before the crash. No construction workers were injured. The name of the man has not yet been released.
In Millard County, a male driver and female passanger were driving north on state Route 6 near milepost 27 on a 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle at 10:11 a.m. Saturday when it swerved off the road at a curve.
Hoper said 30-year-old David Gill from Shrieveport, La., sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene and the passenger was transported by ambulance to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Both were wearing helmets, and alcohol and drugs are not suspected in the crash.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11