Laura Seitz, Deseret News
The Red Butte district of the Boy Scouts of America sponsored its bi-annual Duty to God hike Saturday. The hike was a walking tour through downtown Salt Lake City, giving scouts an opportunity to visit and learn about some of the religious organizations in their area.
At each stop, a religious organization representative gave a brief description of their beliefs and a history of their organization as well as an age appropriate teaching on a Scouting value.
The event chairman was Martin Houck, who also serves as Scoutmaster of troop 34, sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church of Salt Lake City.
The organizations involved were: SL Salt Lake Stake 4th Ward 142 West 200 North Salt Lake Buddhist Temple 211 West 100 South Greek Orthodox Church 279 South 300 West B'nai Israel Temple 249 South 400 East First Presbyterian Church 12 C Street Cathedral of the Madeline 311 East South Temple Saint Mark Cathedral 231 East 100 South.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 39
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 37
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 13
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8