Laura Seitz, Deseret News
The Red Butte district of the Boy Scouts of America sponsored its bi-annual Duty to God hike Saturday. The hike was a walking tour through downtown Salt Lake City, giving scouts an opportunity to visit and learn about some of the religious organizations in their area.
At each stop, a religious organization representative gave a brief description of their beliefs and a history of their organization as well as an age appropriate teaching on a Scouting value.
The event chairman was Martin Houck, who also serves as Scoutmaster of troop 34, sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church of Salt Lake City.
The organizations involved were: SL Salt Lake Stake 4th Ward 142 West 200 North Salt Lake Buddhist Temple 211 West 100 South Greek Orthodox Church 279 South 300 West B'nai Israel Temple 249 South 400 East First Presbyterian Church 12 C Street Cathedral of the Madeline 311 East South Temple Saint Mark Cathedral 231 East 100 South.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11