Laura Seitz, Deseret News
The Red Butte district of the Boy Scouts of America sponsored its bi-annual Duty to God hike Saturday. The hike was a walking tour through downtown Salt Lake City, giving scouts an opportunity to visit and learn about some of the religious organizations in their area.
At each stop, a religious organization representative gave a brief description of their beliefs and a history of their organization as well as an age appropriate teaching on a Scouting value.
The event chairman was Martin Houck, who also serves as Scoutmaster of troop 34, sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church of Salt Lake City.
The organizations involved were: SL Salt Lake Stake 4th Ward 142 West 200 North Salt Lake Buddhist Temple 211 West 100 South Greek Orthodox Church 279 South 300 West B'nai Israel Temple 249 South 400 East First Presbyterian Church 12 C Street Cathedral of the Madeline 311 East South Temple Saint Mark Cathedral 231 East 100 South.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14