Laura Seitz, Deseret News
The Red Butte district of the Boy Scouts of America sponsored its bi-annual Duty to God hike Saturday. The hike was a walking tour through downtown Salt Lake City, giving scouts an opportunity to visit and learn about some of the religious organizations in their area.
At each stop, a religious organization representative gave a brief description of their beliefs and a history of their organization as well as an age appropriate teaching on a Scouting value.
The event chairman was Martin Houck, who also serves as Scoutmaster of troop 34, sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church of Salt Lake City.
The organizations involved were: SL Salt Lake Stake 4th Ward 142 West 200 North Salt Lake Buddhist Temple 211 West 100 South Greek Orthodox Church 279 South 300 West B'nai Israel Temple 249 South 400 East First Presbyterian Church 12 C Street Cathedral of the Madeline 311 East South Temple Saint Mark Cathedral 231 East 100 South.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15