Laura Seitz, Deseret News
The Red Butte district of the Boy Scouts of America sponsored its bi-annual Duty to God hike Saturday. The hike was a walking tour through downtown Salt Lake City, giving scouts an opportunity to visit and learn about some of the religious organizations in their area.
At each stop, a religious organization representative gave a brief description of their beliefs and a history of their organization as well as an age appropriate teaching on a Scouting value.
The event chairman was Martin Houck, who also serves as Scoutmaster of troop 34, sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church of Salt Lake City.
The organizations involved were: SL Salt Lake Stake 4th Ward 142 West 200 North Salt Lake Buddhist Temple 211 West 100 South Greek Orthodox Church 279 South 300 West B'nai Israel Temple 249 South 400 East First Presbyterian Church 12 C Street Cathedral of the Madeline 311 East South Temple Saint Mark Cathedral 231 East 100 South.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 58
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16