Ben Stein doesn't think President Obama is as smart as Nixon
Wednesday night on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," economist Ben Stein sounded distinctly unimpressed while discussing the relative intelligence of President Barack Obama with host Bill O'Reilly.
The following exchange is taken from a transcript posted by FoxNews.com:
O'REILLY: My final question is, Barack Obama is a smart man. You would say that right? He is a smart man?
STEIN: No, I wouldn't say that. I mean, he's not in the same league of presidential genius as Nixon, for example. But he's smarter than the average bear, as they say.
For those of you scoring at home, Stein worked as a speechwriter in the Nixon and Ford administrations and later rose to fame as a character actor in supporting roles such as the boring economics teacher in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." Stein also won an Emmy Award for his work hosting the Comedy Central game show "Win Ben Stein's Money."
Politico blogger Caitlin McDevitt pointed out that Stein — a vocal Republican — "expects Obama to win another term (though) he favors former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in the presidential race."
"I don’t expect Romney to win," Stein told O'Reilly. "I’d like him to win and I will vote for him, but I think Obama is a far more formidable campaigner. Obama will swamp him in terms of money raising."
- Have you seen 'Age of Ultron'? Here are 50...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Floyd Mayweather wins decision over Manny...
- Britain has a new princess — and...
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US opener...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 18 of the best made-up words from children's...
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Religious liberty issues dog Supreme... 44
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 40
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 25
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- AP-GfK Poll: Nuanced views on gay... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12