Ben Stein doesn't think President Obama is as smart as Nixon
Wednesday night on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," economist Ben Stein sounded distinctly unimpressed while discussing the relative intelligence of President Barack Obama with host Bill O'Reilly.
The following exchange is taken from a transcript posted by FoxNews.com:
O'REILLY: My final question is, Barack Obama is a smart man. You would say that right? He is a smart man?
STEIN: No, I wouldn't say that. I mean, he's not in the same league of presidential genius as Nixon, for example. But he's smarter than the average bear, as they say.
For those of you scoring at home, Stein worked as a speechwriter in the Nixon and Ford administrations and later rose to fame as a character actor in supporting roles such as the boring economics teacher in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." Stein also won an Emmy Award for his work hosting the Comedy Central game show "Win Ben Stein's Money."
Politico blogger Caitlin McDevitt pointed out that Stein — a vocal Republican — "expects Obama to win another term (though) he favors former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in the presidential race."
"I don’t expect Romney to win," Stein told O'Reilly. "I’d like him to win and I will vote for him, but I think Obama is a far more formidable campaigner. Obama will swamp him in terms of money raising."
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts of...
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who struck...
- Most K-12 students are now low income
- Private wells in California farm area show...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit on...
- Storm unleashes blizzard conditions on parts...
- Residents want charges for Denver officers...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 91
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 29
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- VP Joe Biden: More access to higher ed... 10
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 9