Salt Lake City is the most religious city in America, according to the recent 2010 U.S. Religious Census: Religious Congregations & Membership Study.
In a photo-driven list that looks at America's most and least religious cities, the Huffington Post points out that the RCMS numbers show Salt Lake City to be the most religious city in America.
"Of metropolitan areas with population greater than a million, the researchers found Salt Lake City to be the most religious city with close to 74 percent identifying as a religious adherent," writes Jahnabi Barooah for HuffPo. "The research found the greater area of Portland, Ore., to be the least religious city, with about 32 percent identifying as a religious adherent."
According to Barooah, "adherents" are defined as "those with an affiliation to a congregation including children, members and attendees who are not members." Researchers believe this measure "is the most complete and comparable across religious groups."
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 41
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 28
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10