Salt Lake City is the most religious city in America, according to the recent 2010 U.S. Religious Census: Religious Congregations & Membership Study.
In a photo-driven list that looks at America's most and least religious cities, the Huffington Post points out that the RCMS numbers show Salt Lake City to be the most religious city in America.
"Of metropolitan areas with population greater than a million, the researchers found Salt Lake City to be the most religious city with close to 74 percent identifying as a religious adherent," writes Jahnabi Barooah for HuffPo. "The research found the greater area of Portland, Ore., to be the least religious city, with about 32 percent identifying as a religious adherent."
According to Barooah, "adherents" are defined as "those with an affiliation to a congregation including children, members and attendees who are not members." Researchers believe this measure "is the most complete and comparable across religious groups."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 173
- Why I don’t call myself a... 96
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 23
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 15
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 13