Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Best Friends Animal Society on Thursday opened its new Adoption Center in Trolley Square.
The space will feature an average of 10 dogs and 10 cats at a time from Salt Lake County Animal Services, as well as educational information and a small retail center with basic pet supplies, according to a press release. Adoption fees will be $25 for cats and $75 for dogs, with all pets spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.
The goal for the center is to place 500 animals in homes in the first six months of operation, the press release said.
The center's normal business hours will be Wednesday through Saturday from noon to 8 p.m.
The new adoption facility is a partnership between Best Friends Animal Society and Salt Lake County Animal Services.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Brother, sister hugged each other as they...
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 24
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 16
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8