Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Best Friends Animal Society on Thursday opened its new Adoption Center in Trolley Square.
The space will feature an average of 10 dogs and 10 cats at a time from Salt Lake County Animal Services, as well as educational information and a small retail center with basic pet supplies, according to a press release. Adoption fees will be $25 for cats and $75 for dogs, with all pets spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.
The goal for the center is to place 500 animals in homes in the first six months of operation, the press release said.
The center's normal business hours will be Wednesday through Saturday from noon to 8 p.m.
The new adoption facility is a partnership between Best Friends Animal Society and Salt Lake County Animal Services.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8