TAYLORSVILLE — Mayor Russ Wall has been selected as Utah's top mayor for 2012 by Best of State magazine.
Wall, Taylorsville's mayor since 2006, was recognized for his leadership on transportation, environmental and economic development projects. He credited city employees and residents for the award.
"I am honored to be receiving an award that was won mostly through the works of my staff and volunteers," the mayor said.
Under Wall's leadership, Taylorsville has maintained its AA+ bond rating, which ranks among the highest in the state. Taylorsville also boasts the lowest cost of government per capita in the Utah, according to the Utah Taxpayers Association.
Recently, the mayor helped secure $4 million in state funding for design and engineering on a bus rapid transit project from Murray's Intermountain Medical Center to the Taylorsville campus of Salt Lake Community College.
Wall also introduced the city's Green Committee, a group of Taylorsville residents focused on educating others on ways to be green, save energy and recycle. The city also recently earned a "Tree City" designation, achieving one of the mayor's longtime goals.
The Best of State Awards were created to recognize outstanding individuals, organizations and businesses in Utah. The program judges individuals, businesses and organizations on excelling in their respective endeavors, using innovative approaches or methods and contributing to a better quality of life in Utah.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 70
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16