SALT LAKE CITY — A 20-year-old man was hospitalized Wednesday after police say a man chased him and cut him with a samurai sword.
Police are still searching for the man suspected in the stabbing, Salt Lake police detective Carlie Wiechman said. The incident began at the Smith's at 910 E. 2100 South around 3 p.m.
"They didn't know each other," Wiechman said of the victim and suspect. "They just came out of the store and they got into a verbal altercation, but it was unclear why they started the fight."
At some point, the suspect retrieved what investigators described as a samurai sword and chased the victim across the street where he cut the man's leg.
"The victim sustained a substantial laceration to his leg and was transported to a local hospital," Wiechman said.
The suspect fled the scene and police said they are still working to identify the man Thursday. Wiechman said there was surveillance video they have been able to retrieve in an effort to determine who the suspect is.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11