SANDY — To prepare for the districtwide reconfiguration in fall 2013, Canyons School District has slightly altered the time frame to submit requests to attend a school other than the one assigned to a family by geographic boundaries.
The school open-enrollment application window for the 2013-2014 school year will start Aug. 1. Applications will be taken until Nov. 1.
Applications will not be taken outside of this window.
For students who currently attend school on an out-of-boundary permit, parents will need to submit another application during this open-enrollment window.
The new configuration, approved by the Canyons Board of Education in 2010, moves ninth-graders into the high schools, and creates middle schools of sixth through eighth grades, and elementary schools of kindergarten through fifth grades.
Open-enrollment applications can be accessed at any Canyons District school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West, in Sandy.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where parents would like their student to be enrolled.
For questions or more information, call the district’s Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5180.
- Sister missionaries relocated from Provo MTC...
- Religious schools and universities on edge...
- Dave Ramsey says: 3 traps to avoid after...
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- BYU Center for Animation draws bright futures...
- UVU announces new trustees
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school funds...
- Photos: U. Continuing Education demolished to...
- Religious schools and universities on... 47
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 18
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- 2 movies fit for the classroom 3
- Sister missionaries relocated from... 3
- Chobani selected as Greek yogurt... 2
- The medical leave problem college... 1
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader'... 1