SANDY — To prepare for the districtwide reconfiguration in fall 2013, Canyons School District has slightly altered the time frame to submit requests to attend a school other than the one assigned to a family by geographic boundaries.
The school open-enrollment application window for the 2013-2014 school year will start Aug. 1. Applications will be taken until Nov. 1.
Applications will not be taken outside of this window.
For students who currently attend school on an out-of-boundary permit, parents will need to submit another application during this open-enrollment window.
The new configuration, approved by the Canyons Board of Education in 2010, moves ninth-graders into the high schools, and creates middle schools of sixth through eighth grades, and elementary schools of kindergarten through fifth grades.
Open-enrollment applications can be accessed at any Canyons District school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West, in Sandy.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where parents would like their student to be enrolled.
For questions or more information, call the district’s Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5180.
- The integration of art into STEM sounds like...
- Is the pressure to excel too much for teens...
- Washington university cancels classes over...
- Former BYU student almost stayed in Mali...
- Utah lawmaker declines offer to lead Utah...
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes...
- Brussels schools reopen, maximum threat alert...
- New USU Brigham City building opens Dec. 1
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- U. leaders invite student feedback on... 12
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12
- Washington university cancels classes... 5
- The integration of art into STEM sounds... 5
- Former BYU student almost stayed in... 4
- Harvard student to explore Syrian roots... 1
- US preschool enrollment low among... 1