SANDY — To prepare for the districtwide reconfiguration in fall 2013, Canyons School District has slightly altered the time frame to submit requests to attend a school other than the one assigned to a family by geographic boundaries.
The school open-enrollment application window for the 2013-2014 school year will start Aug. 1. Applications will be taken until Nov. 1.
Applications will not be taken outside of this window.
For students who currently attend school on an out-of-boundary permit, parents will need to submit another application during this open-enrollment window.
The new configuration, approved by the Canyons Board of Education in 2010, moves ninth-graders into the high schools, and creates middle schools of sixth through eighth grades, and elementary schools of kindergarten through fifth grades.
Open-enrollment applications can be accessed at any Canyons District school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West, in Sandy.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where parents would like their student to be enrolled.
For questions or more information, call the district’s Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5180.
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah
- See which 10 books were most frequently...
- The Great Utah ShakeOut: 920,000 drop, cover,...
- Opt-out movement accelerates amid Common Core...
- UVU engineering students get chance to...
- Students have heads shaved for cancer...
- Robot Milo helps children with autism learn...
- Embrace your days, Elder Andersen urges LDS...
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 25
- Global teaching award winner urges... 15
- Innovative Salt Lake high school... 7
- This professor makes a case for... 5
- Opt-out movement accelerates amid... 3
- Q&A: Should the Education Department... 2
- Biden wants community college to be... 2
- U. pistol team wins four events at... 2