Today in the Bloggernacle: President Monson dared to stand alone and virtually explore Old Jerusalem
Mormon Messages for Youth
Standing alone: This new Mormon Messages for Youth video depicts one of my favorite stories from President Thomas S. Monson. While in the U.S. Navy, the young President Monson found himself standing alone on a training ground, while those of other religions already headed out to worship. Or was he alone? President Monson declares that sometimes we have to “Dare to Stand Alone” but “we are never alone when we stand with our Father in Heaven."
Jerusalem tour: “Many LDS people who’ve visited the Holy Land will tell you that it deepened their understanding of the scriptures in a big way. Being able to walk the same places where Old and New Testament figures, including Christ himself, once walked changes their perspective and appreciation for the culture, languages, traditions and the events and people of those sacred books of scripture.” While not everyone gets the chance to visit the Holy Land, you can now visit many of the most important sites virtually, as explained in “Explore Old Jerusalem on Google Maps Street View.” Click in to see which sites are represented and be prepared to be amazed at the experience. I’ll say it again: I love technology!
Mother’s Day: OK, this video card that wishes “Happy Mother’s Day from the Papua New Guinea Missioniaries” totally made my day. It’s not only greetings to their own families, but also to the mothers throughout the world. And make sure you stay to the end for a beautiful Mother’s Day song. Simple, but oh so sweet.
Angel Moroni: “Moroni Is Here!” exclaims the title to the Gilbert Arizona LDS Temple blog. Click in to see why this temple construction watcher is so excited!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Courage and valor: A bizarre order for a WWII...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 77
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 59
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 55
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23