SALT LAKE CITY — Utah is one of 19 states that are holding a "Wanna Go Fishing for Millions" contest this year. The contest is sponsored by Cabela's.
The contestant who catches a fish that has a tag on it will be eligible for some big prizes. In one of the 19 states, a fish has been tagged with a tag worth $1 million. The grand prize will be doubled to $2 million if the person who catches the fish had Cabela's Fish Recon app on his or her smartphone before he or she caught the fish.
Other prizes include two Ranger 520Z Bass Series Comanche boats and trailers with Evinrude outboard motors, valued at $65,000 each, as well as more than $20,000 in gear from Costa sunglasses, Abu Garcia and Rapala.
The following are the Utah lakes and reservoirs and number of fish with tags:
Northern Utah: Bear Lake, 17 cutthroat trout; East Canyon, 18 rainbow trout; Mantua, 8 largemouth bass; Willard Bay, 12 walleye wiper.
North-central and central Utah: Grantsville, 8 rainbow trout; Gunnison Bend, 8 channel catfish or white bass; Utah Lake, 16 white bass or channel catfish.
Northeastern Utah: Starvation, 11 walleye or rainbow trout.
Southeastern Utah: Joes Valley, 9 of all trout species; Lake Powell, 23 striped bass or smallmouth bass; Paragonah Lake, 8 rainbow trout; Sand Hollow, 9 bluegill or largemouth bass.
Contestants must pre-register online. All rules and requirements, as well as contest details and registration information are available at www.cabelas.com/fishformillions.
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Young adults are faced with risky decision to...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 30
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 19
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Young adults are faced with risky... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11