A bid for BYU baseball to finish above .500 is strengthened with a good showing when it hosts Santa Clara this week.
BYU (19-24, 7-11) hosts Santa Clara (23-23, 3-15) in a three-game series starting Thursday.
”We are starting to get back in the saddle again and are adjusting to the loss of three pitchers,” BYU coach Vance Law said. “We had a lot of positives at Pepperdine and our pitchers gained valuable experience. We are taking it one game at a time and hope to play well on Thursday.”
Law says his pitching rotation will remain the same from last week. Desmond Poulson (1-3, 4.06), Marc Oslund (4-1, 4.44) and Adam Miller (1-4, 7.67) will start Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6, 6 and 1 p.m., respectively.
The Cougars played the last two weeks against the first- and second-place teams in the league and will finish with their longest home stand of the season with three games against Santa Clara, followed by three games versus Gonzaga.
All of the games will be televised live by BYUtv and broadcast over BYU Radio 960 AM.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48