A bid for BYU baseball to finish above .500 is strengthened with a good showing when it hosts Santa Clara this week.
BYU (19-24, 7-11) hosts Santa Clara (23-23, 3-15) in a three-game series starting Thursday.
”We are starting to get back in the saddle again and are adjusting to the loss of three pitchers,” BYU coach Vance Law said. “We had a lot of positives at Pepperdine and our pitchers gained valuable experience. We are taking it one game at a time and hope to play well on Thursday.”
Law says his pitching rotation will remain the same from last week. Desmond Poulson (1-3, 4.06), Marc Oslund (4-1, 4.44) and Adam Miller (1-4, 7.67) will start Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6, 6 and 1 p.m., respectively.
The Cougars played the last two weeks against the first- and second-place teams in the league and will finish with their longest home stand of the season with three games against Santa Clara, followed by three games versus Gonzaga.
All of the games will be televised live by BYUtv and broadcast over BYU Radio 960 AM.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20